Do you agree with Kipling's message in this poem? Why or why not?
Yes, I agree with Kipling's message because it is telling us that we should try to be the best that we can. In life giving it your all should be your first priority and I believe that
being a better person will help you have an overall better lifestyle.
Identify which of Kipling's statements is the most meaningful to you and explain why.
All of Kipling's statements are honest and truthful. I however particularly like lines 5 - 6 which say, "If you can wait and not be tired by waiting, or being lied about, don't deal lies." What this means is, If you can remain patient and not grow impatient, or if you don't want to be lied about, then don't lie about others and don't listen to the lies of others; remain truthful. I believe this statement is meaningful to me because you must have patients in life. Things aren't always going to be fast and meaningless, you should take the time to grow trustworthy, faithful and patient. The last part of the statement is about not listening to the lies of others. I really like this part because it deals with everyday life. In society, people are going to gossip and spread lies about others and I have learnt that it is always better on yourself to ignore the lies some people may say about you. The best way to deal with lies is to be truthful to others and to be a genuine person.
Is Kipling's advice useful for people today? Why or why not?
Yes, Kipling's advice is useful for people today. The message in his poem promotes being a better person and that message can help you succeed your goals while being a courageous, brave, and passionate person.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment